Full Picture

Extension usage examples:

Here's how our browser extension sees the article:
May be slightly imbalanced

Article summary:

1. Minister Josephine Teo has said that technology will continue to be a major driver of Singapore’s economy and create job opportunities.

2. The increase in resident employment growth in the last year has largely been attributed to Financial Services, Professional Services, and Information & Communications.

3. In the first three quarters of 2022, only 8.7% of jobs created went to Singaporeans, with the remaining 91.3% going to non-residents.

Article analysis:

The article is generally reliable and trustworthy as it provides factual information from official sources such as Minister Josephine Teo's speech at the launch of Step IT Up, a tech talent conversion programme, and the 3Q 2022 report from the Ministry of Manpower (MOM). The article also provides an analysis of the data from MOM which is accurate and well-explained.

However, there are some potential biases in the article which could affect its trustworthiness and reliability. Firstly, there is no mention of any counterarguments or alternative perspectives on this issue which could have provided a more balanced view on this topic. Secondly, there is no discussion on possible risks associated with having such a large proportion of jobs going to non-residents such as increased competition for local workers or potential wage suppression due to an influx of foreign workers into certain sectors. Lastly, while the article does provide some evidence for its claims such as figures from MOM's 3Q 2022 report, it does not provide any further evidence or research to back up its claims which could have strengthened its argument further.